Thursday, February 16, 2012

Spinach Artichoke Hummus

One of my greatest loves in life is hummus. Seriously, I love everything about it. While the hubs is not a huge fan, I have turned my 2 year old into a hummus lover (which I am quite proud of. How many 2 year olds eat hummus by the spoonful?) Anyway, I love hummus. I love making hummus - it's cheap, it's easy, it's delicious. Allow me to introduce you to my latest hummus creation -- spinach artichoke hummus. Hubs says it tastes just like spinach artichoke dip. My coworkers devoured it in 45 minutes. It's good. Trust me.

Spinach Artichoke Hummus
Makes approx 1.5 pints

1 can garbanzo beans, drained
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
1 6.5oz jar artichoke hearts
1 cup spinach, washed
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
4tbsp tahini paste
2+ cloves garlic (I put 2 in this batch, but am known to add up to 6 or 7 cloves, depending on how I'm feeling)
Olive oil

Put everything except the olive oil in a food processor and turn it on. Slowly add oil until you reach the desired consistency. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.

Seriously, that's it.

So easy. I will never buy hummus from the store again.

Tips: As it sits in the fridge, it will thicken up. If it gets too thick, just add a little more olive oil and stir it up. Also, if it separates at all while in the fridge, just stir to combine.  


Truthfully, hummus doesn't last long in our house, but I imagine this will probably stay good for up to a month if stored properly.




2 comments:

  1. I wonder if I could use a blender instead of food processor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cami, not sure! You could try! If you use a blender, I would suggest adding the ingredients a little bit at a time to make sure it blends it up really well. Also, if you have a really good blender, I have no doubt it would work. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete