Monday, March 5, 2012

Sauteed Mushrooms

Is there anything in this world more fabulous than a mushroom sauteed in olive oil, butter, and garlic? I think not. They are a staple in our home because of their versatility and because of that, they deserve their very own post. That is all you really need to know before making this recipe. That and the fact that I could eat these straight out of the pan all day long.

Sauteed Mushrooms

8oz mushrooms, sliced (I used baby bellas)
4 tbsp butter
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4-6 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
Ground black pepper and kosher salt to taste

Heat oil over medium heat in a large frying pan. Add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add mushrooms and butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Saute until mushrooms reach desired tenderness. (Mine usually cook for 8-10 minutes before reaching the perfect tenderness.)


1 comment:

  1. I will have to try this recipe out! I LOVE mushrooms. This looks super good!

    ReplyDelete