Friday, April 13, 2012

Orange Apple Carrot Juice

Juice.

What is there to say about juice?

First, I don't buy it. I bought some apple juice juice boxes last summer and still have them in the pantry. I used a few when I made jam - Aspen drank half of one when she was sick once. I think we maybe brought a couple camping and I probably drank them. Needless to say, we just don't drink a lot of juice.

Reasons? I don't like the amount of sugar in juice and I really don't like how processed the juices are. There is pretty much no nutritional value left in most shelf-stable juices AND it's really expensive! Especially considering the other two things I mentioned.

So, allow me to step off my soapbox for a moment and get to the point of this post.

I borrowed my friend's juicer yesterday because I wanted to give juicing a try. I've heard a lot about it, read a lot about it, and thought a lot about the pros/cons. Last night I decided to give it a shot and boy oh boy was I pleased! Here is the first recipe I came up with - it's just sweet enough and it tastes raw. That's probably my favorite part. It tastes like real food should taste. If you have access to a juicer, I definitely think it's worth giving it a try.

Orange Apple Carrot Juice
6 medium carrots
1 apple, cored and quartered
1 orange, peeled and quatered

Wash all produce and feed it all through the juicer. Whisk juice together to ensure ingredients are well combined. Serve immediately. This made ~12oz juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment